Sunday 29 July 2018

THE BABY ON THE BACK PORCH by Lucia N. Davis @LNDavisAuthor

3 out of 5 stars

On Amazon UK
On Amazon.com
On Goodreads



How I discovered this book: it was submitted to Rosie's Book Review Team, of which I am a member.

Genre: Short story, mystery, ghosts.

San Francisco girl Sara rents a mountain cabin as a retreat, having been through a difficult year with a relationship break-up and bereavement.  As luck would have it, the landlord is the handsome, single David.  No sooner has Sara got settled in than she starts to have sightings of a bear in the garden... and then everything goes from bad to worse, to dangerous and inexplicable. 

This is a nicely written story, presented well, and I didn't guess what was going to happen, always a plus with a mystery.  I did find the style a little safe; it's all very 'nice', so perhaps just not really for me, though I imagine it would appeal to perhaps an older readership who like a 'clean read', and enjoy a light, undemanding drama.  It took me about an hour to read.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good summer read for the older set! Thanks, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I'm the 'older set', I suppose.... maybe more for people who like their reality less real, I don't know!

      Delete