Monday 6 May 2024

LIVE AND LET by Judith Barrow @judithbarrow77

5 out of 5 stars


On Amazon (universal link)
On Goodreads



How I discovered this book: I know the author, saw this advertised on Twitter

In a Nutshell: A short memoir, mostly to do with holiday lets.

I loved this, thoroughly enjoyed reading it!  The main part of the book is a collection of the author's experiences with some of the people who've rented her holiday flat over the years - very funny, often so strange (and unexpected!) that if they were fiction you'd say they were too far-fetched.  But there's nowt as queer as folk, as I am sure Judith and her husband would agree (and yes, my guess is that Party Guy wasn't actually a vicar at all...).

To give the book more context, Judith has written a short autobiography, that explains why and how they came to live in Pembrokeshire and turn part of their house into a holiday let.  Then there are the strange comments left in the visitor's book, the poignant tale of Auntie Olive, and a short story with a most effective and unexpected end.

This is a lovely little book to which I was glued all the way through, immersed in Judith's world - it took me one and a half hours to read, and is currently on sale at just 99p/$1.25.  Worth under a quid of anyone's money!






5 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Terry, what a lovely surprise. Thank you so much. Glad you were entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Saundersfoot beach as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review Terry and I am so looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will love it too! x

      Delete