Saturday 26 December 2020

My Top Ten (and a little bit more) Books of 2020

That time of the year again....

Usually I do a Top Twenty, but I haven't found so much reading time this year.  Out of the fifty-five-ish books I have read or started to read (not all of them reviewed on this blog), I have chosen my ten favourites, which is actually twelve, because two of them have a sequel or related book that I liked just as much.  They were not necessarily published in 2020, but this is when I read them.

At the bottom are three other books that were my nearly-favourites, so it's really fifteen, I suppose!  Please note - when reviewing, I may on occasion give a book 4.5* or possibly even 5* because I feel it is worthy of that rating, even if it wasn't quite my thing; I try to always review objectively.  This list, however, is made up simply of those I loved the most.  

These are in no particular order, but they all come with my highest recommendation.  If you click the title of the book, it will take you to my full review, with Amazon and Goodreads links.


The Heretic Wind by Judith Arnopp

~ Tudor historical fiction ~



The Covenant by Thorne Moore

~ 19th/early 20th century historical fiction ~



Rum Hijack by Phil Motel

~ Contemporary Drama ~

and

Plumas de Muerte by Phil Motel

~ Memoir ~




Abandoned Pennsylvania by Janine Pendleton

~Photography, with non-fiction historical text~



Cometh The Hour by Annie Whitehead

~6th-7th Century Historical Fiction~



Fame & Fortune by Carol Hedges

~ Victorian Murder Mystery ~



The World Without Crows by Ben Lyle Bedard

~ Post-Apocalyptic ~ 

and 

The World Without Flags by Ben Lyle Bedard

~ Post-Apocalyptic ~





(I said 'no particular order', but, okay, the following are my top three ðŸ˜‰)


Smile of the Wolf by Tim Leach

~ 10th Century Icelandic Historical Fiction ~


The End of the Road by Anna Legat

~ Post-Apocalyptic ~


Nest of Ashes by Gemma Lawrence

~ Tudor Historical Fiction ~


*

I'd also like to give a mention for these three, that almost made the top ten:

Obsession by Robin Storey

~ Psychological thriller novella ~


Singularity Syndrome by Susan Kuchinskas

~ SciFi/Climate Change/Dystopian ~


Gorge by Katherine Carlson

~ Dark Contemporary Fiction ~




📚 Happy Reading! 📚

5 comments:

  1. Some great books here! (And thank you for the inclusion).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great books in here, thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored to be included and just downloaded Gorge. Love these new recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when a mention on my blog makes someone buy!!! You'll love Gorge, I am sure :)

      Delete