Wednesday 13 May 2020

ABANDONED PENNYSYLVANIA by Janine Pendleton @ObsidianUrbex

5 out of 5 stars

On Amazon UK
On Amazon.com



How I discovered this book:  Had seen the artist's photography on Twitter.

In A Nutshell: Wonderful photographs and a little about the history of Pennysylvania.

I have a fascination for abandoned houses, dereliction, places where once there was life, now fallen into disrepair.  Having seen some of Janine Pendleton's photos on Twitter, I explored her website and bought this book.  It came with two prints of my choice.  This was one I chose:

  
At the beginning is a brief history of the state, and the photographs are divided into sections: churches, prisons, a trolley car graveyard, hospitals, cars, etc.  Each place is named, and Ms Pendleton has explained why it fell into decay.

It's a terrific book, with just the right amount of text to go with the photos, which are amazing.  I bought a copy for my brother, and he loves it too!  A great purchase for anyone who has an interest in the subject matter.  Highly recommended.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment