Monday 19 April 2021

Please Don't Ask For Extra Glasses by Barb Taub @barbtaub

5 out of 5 stars


On Amazon UK
On Amazon.com
On Goodreads
On BookBub




How I discovered this book: I read the last book about Barb, Janine and Jaya's travels, loved it, so had to get this one too!

In A Nutshell: Humorous travel account, India

I've read excerpts on Barb Taub's blog of what would become this book, so was most pleased to see that they, and so much more, had arrived in Kindle format (and paperback).  When I first opened it on my tablet, I thought 'what's going on here?' because it seemed to be in PDF rather than Kindle style, but I soon understood why - it contains masses of fabulous photos of the trip, which add so much to the whole book (particularly the ones of Barb trying to mount and get down from a camel).  By a little deft fingerwork on the screen, you can not only make the text bigger, but the photos too.  There's so much splendid detail in the pictures; I very much appreciated this feature.

From the camel trip in the desert, to the elephant rides (and the avalanche of elephant-themed souvenirs), from Mr CallMeSami's transparent coffee, to masala papad (apparently the most wonderful snack food on earth) and a desert resort that I long to visit, this book is a total winner.  Not only is it beautifully presented, it would also be of use to anyone wanting to tour this part of India.  Other main attractions include many stories and legends attached to places Barb, Janine and Jaya visited, but, most of all, it's funny.  And I mean funny.

Well done Barb, well done Janine and Jaya for the photos, and I hope you manage to get back there again before too long!






4 comments:

  1. This review is such a wonderful treat! Janine, Jaya, and I are breaking out the masala papad and celebrating. A bazillion thanks to you Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I studied the method of making them and the picture with great interest! Yo' welcome, Taubmeister! x

      Delete
  2. Barb can take something and make it hilarious. What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - it's one of my favourite types of humour; the Bill Bryson! Only a few can do it well, though, and Barb can :)

      Delete