Sunday 31 December 2023

My Top Ten Books of 2023

 

Never an easy task and I'm short on time ... here are those I have selected as my top 10 ten of the 40-ish books I read in 2023.  In no particular order but an extra special mention for the last four, to which I gave my rare 5 Gold Stars rating :)

~ 🕮🕮🕮 ~



To read my review of any of these ten, please click the title.  All come highly recommended!


Buried in the Past by Anna Legat

WWII Historical, Poland



You can take the Girl from the Prairie by Darlene Foster

Memoir, rural Canada, 1950s and 60s.  Short essays.



I, Richard Plantagenet: Tante le Desiree by J P Reedman

Historical, England 15th Century



A Moonlit Path of Madness by Catherine McCarthy

Welsh folklore, early 20th Century, supernatural



The Fortune Keeper by Deborah Swift

Historical, 17th Century Venice



A Matter of Faith by Judith Arnopp

Historical, early16th Century England



Servant of Death by Gemma Lawrence

Historical, early 16th Century England



We The Living by Ayn Rand

Historical, early 20th Century Russia



My Lady Spy by Gemma Lawrence

Historical, early 16th Century England



Planet of the Head-Breakers by Zeb Haradon

Post Apocalyptic, Sci-fi, Dystopian, set in a future US.



A few other good ones from this year - review can be found by putting the title into the 'search' facility.






Now, back to the TBR list....

Happy New Year's Reading!








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me on this great list. I also enjoyed A Matter of Faith and Buried in the Past, but I must try to get to some of the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Buried In The Past on my wish list for this year. Stunning book cover for Gemma's My Lady Spy.

    ReplyDelete