Tuesday 23 December 2014

MADE IN NASHVILLE by Mandy Baggot

4.5 out of 5 stars

Light romance, country music

On Amazon UK HERE
On Amazon.com HERE



I love the TV series 'Nashville' so I was very interested to read this - if you love it too, you should get this book! I'm glad I know more about country music through watching the series because it really helped me understand the atmosphere of this more.




This is a light, contemporary romance, witty and smart. Ms Baggot has got the genre licked! Jared's a terrific character, as sexy as hell! I think the absolute best one, though, was Mia, the slightly kooky best friend - I loved her, she's one of those characters I could really SEE, you know? I was very impressed by the way an English author has written Southern US so convincingly; she clearly has a real love for the whole Nashville/country scene, and this shows. She's done the throwaway remarks, the humour, so well. There are a couple of twists in the story which I didn't guess too - that's always a big plus!

Well done Ms Baggot - I think you should write more Nashville based books. I'll certainly read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment