Tuesday 23 December 2014

FLESH by Dylan J Morgan

5 out of 5 stars

Horror, thriller

On Amazon UK HERE
On Amazon.com HERE



I bought this straight away after I'd read the brilliant The Dead Lands by the same author, and enjoyed this as much. I've become a fan!

Vacant is a one horse, hicksville town in Wisconsin with secrets ... Dylan Morgan does the 'scary redneck' atmosphere very well indeed. Although this is a horror story, it's not all blood and gore, as is perhaps suggested by the title. As with The Dead Lands, Flesh is about the people, not the monsters. Morgan is just an excellent storyteller; I read this in just over a day. As a writer myself I often find it hard to read books without constantly picking the editing to bits, but this was so good I just read it, my 'editing hat' dropping off without my noticing. The pace is perfect, the change in character point of view is spot on, with just the right amount of information released at the right time. Oh, and the ending is great, I didn't predict it at all!


This book is sometimes tweeted thus:  "Her meal: French fries and peas with a two ounce grilled section of her husband’s cheating ass." 

I love that!  If you like Stephen King, you'll love Dylan Morgan - buy it!


THE DEAD LANDS by Dylan J Morgan reviewed HERE


HOSTS by Dylan J Morgan reviewed HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment